Smile. You’re on Candid Camera.

31 Jan

So, Kevin stops in occasionally to make a video about our progress. Because he likes videos. And, apparently, he likes us.

He made the first video back in Late July/Early August. I refer to this video as the my-make-up-melted-off-my-face video. Because it did.

Kevin came back—camera in hand—to check on us mid-September and shot the majority of this right before we went berserk and tore the roof off. If you missed all that action, you can read about that here and here.  It was enough to make my neighbors say, “Girl….. you done gone and bumped your head…” Those were the days….  I bet he’s not thinking that when he walks past my house these days. Girl did not bump her head. Girl + Good Contractor sent property value and resale potential through the roof.

Here’s the video Kevin passed along last week. Click the photo to watch.

Kevin would pass out from shock if he walked in the house now. So much has changed since September—including our minds. There I am in the kitchen talking about a dutch door. Yeah, right. I seemed so sure…. Little did I know then that we would wall that door in and move the dutch door to the front door. Good decision, team. Very good decision. And all that talk about windows in the upstairs.. Please. I should edit me. That changed, too. All for the better.

It’s nice to see where we were; it’s really nice to be where we are. Almost home. Almost home.

Thanks,  friends,  for reading and spending a few minutes of your day on Bradford Avenue.

About these ads

7 Responses to “Smile. You’re on Candid Camera.”

1. Leigh January 31, 2011 at 11:27 am #

Love seeing and hearing how your house is coming to life! Hope you’ve started planning your Open House party:)

• aj February 1, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Me, too! It is coming to life. Maybe a growth spurt…

2. z January 31, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

the yellow chair!!!

• aj February 1, 2011 at 11:07 am #

Truth: It hurt my feelings to see Brad rocking in the chair. Hurt just a little.

3. Tommy January 31, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

This is very exciting.

• aj February 1, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Thanks, Tommy. I’m excited about this house.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Smile. You’re on Candid Camera. « -- Topsy.com - January 31, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by angiesmith19, bradfordave. bradfordave said: Better late than never–nothing like posting the half-way video three weeks from completion! http://wp.me/pXTBe-jB [...]