You know where you are? You’re in the jungle, baby.

11 Apr

I can hardly remember this place. But, it is a true and real place from which we started—tile painted jungle green accented with an oh-so-seventies patterned wallpaper. Cross my heart, every time I see before pics of the bathroom “Welcome to the Jungle” runs through my mind. And next I think of Slash and his moppy hair. And then I try to think about something else.

I don’t think about the guys from Guns and Roses much anymore.

Much better.  I think this is much better. Forward progress. But, alas, it is plain and boring and not where it should be. This bathroom is in purgatory. The limbo that exists for rooms that are “on the list” of things that are yet to be completed. I also refer to this as “makeshift mode.” It’s the place you get to when you slap things on the wall in an effort to make it functional. Wallpaper = best solution ever.

I’ve got a pile of samples. I taped my top two to the wall last night. I stood back and stared. I will decide this week. I can’t live in this limbo, will it be Mod Green Pod or Aimee Wilder? I like them both so very much.

About these ads

10 Responses to “You know where you are? You’re in the jungle, baby.”

1. Leigh Anna Thompson April 11, 2011 at 10:23 am #

I love the black and white one the best! Both are beautiful, but I would get tired of the blue and wallpaper sucks to replace. Your house is gorgeous dear! Congrats!!!
    xoxo
    LA

• Aunt Pat April 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

I like the one on the right, is it navy?
      I think the little dots would get on my nerves after a while.
      Love you.

2. Jess April 11, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

I am thinking we are taking a vote on this right….yes? If so, the one on the right….the one on the left kind of slaps you in the face a bit. Not that a good slap in the face isn’t called for ever once in awhile…but still.

• aj April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

right… you’re right.

3. sunny April 11, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

the one with the blue!!!

4. Sarah Stiles April 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

Right!

• aj April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

Sarah Stiles. I love that you are voting! I welcome every single thing you think. :)

5. Melissa Broadwell April 11, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

The one on the right!

6. Tommy April 11, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

I don’t know, Aims. I’m leaning left on this one. A little color never hurt nobody. (Double negative is strictly for effect, everyone.)

7. sl April 30, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Love reading about your changes to the house. WOW!! Is there a post of the whole house after the redo? You are amazing. I would love to do this to an older home.